March 10th, 2019 11:00am – 4:00pm
Join us for a free fun-filled day of storytelling, live shows, arts and crafts, face-painting and unique visits with some of your favorite storybook characters! This year’s theme is Island Tales, and we are highlighting some of the cultural diversity of our south Florida community with music and stories.
Enjoy the sounds of steel bands and Junkanoo and performances by
Every child who attends gets to take home a free book from an array of titles carefully selected by our Alvin Sherman Librarians. They spend a lot of time curating a highquality, fun collection with lots of kid-appeal, and all that hard work is paid off when we see the look of joy on children’s faces as they select their free book for their home library
So what can you do to get your child ready for StoryFest?
- RSVP today! Your RSVP helps us make this free family event a success! (RSVP online is currently under construction but check back on our site to see when it will open up)
- Sign-up for our library card! You support free and wonderful events like these by having a free Alvin Sherman Library Card.
- Share the fun! Make plans to bring family and friends and consider carpooling (there is no charge for parking that day, but space is limited).
- Explore the Caribbean with our Island Tales Booklist! Enjoy folktales from Haiti, Jamaica, Puerto Rico, Cuba, Trinidad, Martinique, and the Dominican Republic.
- Check for updates! Find us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. Help us spread the word by liking and sharing!
Meagan Albright, Youth Services Librarian III at the NSU Alvin Sherman Library. From Storytime to STEM to StoryFest!, Meagan has loved bringing children and families to the library, and library resources to the south Florida community, for over 12 years.